Sunday, April 14, 2013

"Animal Joy" by Shearwater


Listening to: Shearwater "Animal Joy" (released 2012)
Album length / Painting time:43:05
Familiarity with the album: I was getting to know and leaning to love this album.
Recommended by: Jeff
Painting size: 24X36"
Price: $300
Side Notes: 

  • On canvas.  These might all be on canvas from here on out.  
  • Interestingly,  I was not wild about this painting when I made it.  I considered painting the album again,  but felt it would be a little dishonest.  I stashed it away for a few months (during which I listened to Animal Joy quite a bit),  then pulled the painting back out,  and realized that it looked exactly like the album sounded.  And I think I love it.
  • Listen to this album.  It's pretty magnificent.

1 comment:

A Rare Breed said...

I'm so glad to see these again!